7 Best Interior design practices
Interior designing is meant to develop an aesthetically appealing environment in the interior. The design must be based on a strong plan, research, and coordination so that it is appealing and comfortable for the person/persons utilizing the space as well. To achieve this, the Best Interior designers must be proficient in using the 7 elements of interior design which are an integral part of a designing job effectively.
1. Be thoughtful about materials and Elements of design
It is common for people to consider an interior decorator as an interior designer. An interior decorator is a term that refers to those who are just involved with adding furniture, deciding on the upholstery etc., for an already existing space. But, the interior designer has to design each and every living space from scratch. To do that, they adhere to the elements of design which differentiates the Best interior designers from interior decorators. The elements or principles of interior design includeurban living – urbanlivingdesigns
2. Juxtapose contrasting elements and use space
It goes without saying that the success of the interior designer is marked by his ability to use the interior space effectively. For a successful interior designing practice, the interior designer has to consider the two-dimensional space available which includes the floor and its length and width and the three-dimensional space which includes the length, width, and height. Awareness about the dimension, as well as the purposes for which space would be utilized, would help in the planning process to achieve the Best Interior design that is aesthetically appealing and functional too. In interior designing achieving an equilibrium between positive space ( space that is to be filled with décor and furniture) and the negative space or the empty space is the key to effective designing.Booth Look – inquirer
The line is considered to be the visual guide of space and is categorized into three types. They are
- Horizontal- This refers to the structures that are used in the space like the bed, chair, tables etc. the horizontal lines are considered to offer a safe and secure feeling of the space.
- Vertical- This refers to the doorways, almirahs, windows etc, that would reflect the expansiveness or the free nature of the space
- Dynamic- This is represented by features such as a staircase and is considered to denote the angular lines in space.
4. Geometric form
The form can be categorized as a geometric form which refers to man-made form and natural which refers to organic form. Another way to classify forms is the closed form which refers to space that is enclosed and open form that refers to space enclosed by a closed surface. The form is further accentuated by the use of color, texture, and patterns. The Best Interior designers have solid knowledge and understanding about forms and the related elements and they use it effectively.
5. Essence of Light
This includes both natural light and man-made light and using them appropriately to create an appealing effect any time of the day. The appropriate use of light or the Best Interior design practice is marked by the use of light in such a way that it accentuates all other aspects of design such as space, line, and form. While natural lighting is taken care of by the proper placement of doors and windows, man-made lighting includes task lighting, accent lighting, and mood lighting. Task lighting refers to bed lamps, table lamps etc which are meant to serve a defined purpose such as reading, writing etc. the accent lights refers to special light fittings that are meant to enhance the particular showpiece, sculpture or artwork. The mood lighting refers to ambient lighting systems that are considered to set the mood of the space while illuminating tit as well.Lighting-in-the-interior-decor – Interior Design
Each color has a characteristic and the interior designers tend to use them accordingly in the spaces. For example, green is considered as the appropriate color for the bedroom for it is believed that it represents tranquillity and good health. Likewise, red is considered an ideal color for the dining room for it is considered to be helpful in encouraging the appetite. Colors are classified as primary, secondary and tertiary colors and they are further categorized as complementary, analogous, tertiary and monochromatic colors. Using the colors in various permutations and combinations so as to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the space as well as to set the mood for the functional use of the space is the job of the interior designer.Modern-Two-Bedroom-Apartment-Design-with-Brown-Color – designlike
7. Strike a Texture
This is an element that makes the living space interesting and it includes both actual texture and visual texture. The actual texture refers to the texture that is seen as well as felt. Visual texture refers to that which is only visible. Using textures to define the mood and contrasting it to avoid monotony is one of the important aspects of the practice of interior design.
8. Layer the details consciously
The sweeping strokes of an interior design concept are nothing without the supporting details. Whether that’s the scale of a lampshade or the stile width on a cabinet door, a good designer must be detail-oriented and will specify all of the particulars in order to best support the overall vision.
Steps involved in the best practices
Having discussed the 7 principles those are the pillar stones of a great interior designing practitioner, it is also important to consider the steps involved in achieving the Best Interior designer status. It includes
- Meeting the client- this is one of the important steps as this is when you would get a chance to learn about the client’s desires and respond to their queries. You would also be able to grasp their lifestyle and understand their style preferences. You would also be able to make a note of the problems that might arise in designing and start devising ways to solve them.
- Confirming that you are ready to take up the project.
- Researching enough to develop a plan or strategy that would be representative of your designing skills and at the same time reflect the requirements of the clients
- Conceptualization- This refers to the process of developing the plan on boards and discuss the problems, if any, with the client and suggesting constructive and professional options to resolve the issues
- Refine- once the consensus is reached between the client and the designer, the plan/strategy is refined further and try to solve the concerns the client may have by giving them alternative choices.
- Development of the design project
- Completion of the project